Want to save on your utility bills? Tacoma Power says it can help make homes more energy-efficient with rebates, seven-year zero-percent interest loans, or income-eligible grants. Information is available at 253-502-8363 and mytpu.org on current offers, which include:
- Ductless heat pumps: $500 rebate or $4,000 loan.
- Heat pump water heater: $500 rebate.
- Smart thermostats: $50 rebate.
- Duct sealing: $450 rebate.
- Insulation: Current rebates may cover the entire cost of insulation, which is $0.80/square foot.
- Windows: $10/square foot rebate or up to $23/square foot loan for single pane; $5/square foot rebate or up to $23/square foot loan for double pane metal.
Utility bill payment assistance programs are offered for income-eligible customers of Tacoma Power. Information about the programs is available at mytpu.org/assistance, 253-502-8400 and email@example.com.